RARA IS SEEKING A NEW DEPUTY AIR BOSS, ASSISTANT TO THE AIR BOSS,
FOR THE STIHL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AIR RACES
The Reno Air Racing Association (RARA) is in the process of interviewing candidates for the position of Deputy Air Boss at the STIHL National Championship Air Races.
The qualified candidate would act as the primary assistant to the Air Boss; in that capacity, be under training to eventually become qualified as the Recognized Air Boss and take over the position as Air Boss of the STIHL National Championship Air Races.
- Must have familiarity with the language of aviation, radio procedures, and necessary phraseology. Must also have familiarity with Stead Airport layout, air traffic, and tower protocols. Being a current and licensed pilot is preferred.
- Be familiar with standard airshow layout requirements.
- Must have an understanding of basic aviation safety principals.
- Eventually, complete the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) basic experience/airshow Education Data Sheet and then pass the ICAS the Air Boss Recognition Program (ABRP) online test.
- Be local to the northern Nevada area.
Previous airshow experience either as a performer, racer or in other capacities is considered a plus.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please contact Terry Matter, RARA Director of Operations
Phone: (775) 846-6069 Email: email@example.com
About the Reno Air Racing Association: The Reno Air Racing Association (RARA), a 501(c)(3), holds the National Championship Air Races every September just north of Reno. The Reno Air Races have become an institution for northern Nevada and aviation enthusiasts from around the world. Independent economic impact studies have shown that our event generates as much as $91.7 million annually for our local economy. The event features six racing classes, a large display of static aircraft and several military and civil flight demonstrations. For more information on the National Championship Air Races, to obtain media credentials, volunteer or purchase tickets for this year’s event, visit www.airrace.org.