Each year the Reno Air Races are supported by thousands of volunteers. Both individuals and local service organizations help with security, concessions, operations, logistics and hospitality. If you have time to donate during your visit to the Air Races this year consider joining us a volunteer.
- You are required to work a minimum of sixteen hours over two days during the event. Volunteers are needed Monday through Sunday of race week.
- You must be 18 years or older. Persons under 18 may work with a parent or guardian.
- You are required to fill out an application and a release of liability prior to working.
- Complementary admission to the event on the days you are assigned to work. For example, if you work half days on Friday and Saturday you will have admission for the full day.
- 10% discount on merchandise in the official RARA Merchandise stores.
- Invitation to the annual Volunteer Dinner (typically held during PRS each summer.)
Ready to volunteer?
Download, fill out, and mail in the form below. You will be contacted for scheduling in late July or early August.
RARA Volunteer Application
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Do you have volunteer positions working with the race teams?
A: No, we do not supply volunteers for race teams. All teams are required to bring their own volunteers. Our best advice for getting on a team is to meet them while you are here and ask how to join them.
Q: Can I work in a position where I can watch the races?
A: Most volunteer positions are behind the scenes. Any that are within view of the race course are usually too busy to see much of the racing action. The most popular volunteer jobs fill up fast. For example, It may take several years of volunteering in other areas before you can work the flight line or be a pylon judge.
Q: How do I volunteer a local Service group?
A: We support our local community by compensating groups who volunteer their members for service during the Air Races. These opportunities are very popular and hard to get into. If you have a large group of able bodied, energetic, adults who are available to work Wednesday-Sunday then please contact us and place you groupâ€™s name on the waiting list.